返回列表 发帖

CMA Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to the IMA's Frequently Asked Questions Page associated with IMA Membership & Community. This page is designed to help you navigate through IMA's many programs, products, services and other offerings. If you still cannot find what you need here, IMA's Customer Service team stands ready to assist you. Contact IMA Customer Service via e-mail at: ima@imanet.org or by phone at 800-638-4427 or +1-201-573-9000.

Q: Who can join IMA?
A:Anyone 18-years old or older who is interested in the field of management accounting and finance can join IMA.

Q: How do I join IMA?
A:You must complete an application form, which can be done online or using a downloadable application form. Some membership categories require that prospective members meet specific criteria. For example, students must be enrolled in at least six hours of academic training to qualify for Student Membership. You pay the applicable dues rate for the category of membership to which you wish to belong, and renew your membership each year on your anniversary date.

Q: How do I join an IMA Chapter or Member Interest Group?
A:You can join an IMA Chapter and/or Member Interest Group using your membership application form. Just select the local chapter to which you wish to belong and write it on the application form under "Chapter." You can join one of the three Member Interest Groups on the application form as well.

Q: Do I have to pay a separate fee to join an IMA community?
A:You do not pay an additional fee to join an IMA Chapter, Sector or E-Group. Those benefits are value-added features of your IMA membership. If you join a Member Interest Group, you pay an additional $75 (U.S.) for each MIG. IMA also collects membership dues on behalf of the Stuart Cameron McLeod Society (SCMS).

Q: How do I register for the Certification Program?
A:You can register for the Certification Program on your membership application as well. Just check the applicable box on the form and pay the entrance fee. If you decide to register for the Program after you have become a member, you can still register online or submit a paper application to start the program. Remember that a separate fee applies for each examination that you take. There are separate FAQs to help you navigate through the Certification Program. For more inoformation, visit the Certification section of this Web site.

Q: Is there a corporate membership program available?
A:At this time, IMA only offers individual membership options. The Institute is currently exploring options for corporate and/or group memberships.

Q: How do I update my address or contact information?
A:To update your contact information, simply complete an online form on the Members-Only section of the web site. You can also call IMA Customer Service at 800-638-4427 or +1-201-573-9000.

Q: Can I renew my membership online?
A:Yes. On the Members-Only portion of the IMA web site, you can click on the link for Renew Membership; update your contact information; submit your payment information; and quickly and efficiently renew your IMA membership.

Q: What happens if I let my membership expire?
A:Your IMA membership is active for one year from the date at which you joined the Institute. Prior to your anniversary date, you will receive an invoice reminder. Currently, IMA provides a grace period to allow members a little extra time to renew their memberships. If that grace period expires before you have renewed your membership, you will need to pay a reinstatement fee to reactivate your IMA membership. You cannot access your IMA membership benefits, including IMA communities to which you belong, once your membership in IMA is terminated unless you reinstate your membership.

Q: Can I subscribe to IMA publications without being an IMA member?
A:Yes, you can. Annual subscriptions to Strategic Finance are $185 (U.S.) per year. Management Accounting Quarterly costs $60 (U.S.) per year. Please note that subscriptions do not include access to all of the valuable benefits that IMA members receive.

Q: How do I contact my local chapter representatives?
A:On the web site, you can use the Chapter directory to find the name and contact information for your local chapter president. You can use this information to find out about chapter activities; learn about volunteer activities; or identify key people in the local network. Please note that the Chapter directory cannot be used for business solicitation purposes and may not be downloaded, copied, transferred to any medium or used for any purpose other than IMA-related networking.

Q: I do not wish to receive any mailed solicitations. Can I set up my membership to exclude me from such lists?
A:Yes, you can. On the membership application, you can designate that you do not to receive such contacts. If you are already a member, e-mail: ima@imanet.org or call IMA Customer Service (800-638-4427, +1-201-573-9000), and the staff will make the change for you.

Q: Can I pay my dues or fees by wire transfer?
A:Yes, you can. Please contact IMA Customer Service for wire transfer procedures by e-mail: ima@imanet.org or by phone at 800-638-4427 or +1-201-573-9000.

返回列表